Friday, July 15, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

This morning at my appointment I was declared officially off bed rest. At 37 weeks, Miss Emma is A-okay to make her appearance, if she so desires. I am allowed to be as active as I choose--the more active, the more likely she will be spurred toward action. Except yesterday I slipped on the wet ground and twisted my ankle a bit. Not badly--just enough to make it hurt enough so that being active doesn't sound good. Also, I woke up at 4:00am to pee and never fell back asleep, so I'm barely awake. Today may not be the day.

In the meantime, I'm trying to practice with my fancy pants camera. After three years of being too gorgeous, Benjamin is tired of the paparazzi and does not like having his picture taken. This does not bode well for my hobby. Also not helpful? Bed rest. There are only so many interesting pictures you can take of your living room. Today I actually resorted to bribery and caved to manipulation. After sitting on the couch and taking pictures of Buzz Lightyear for 20 minutes, I offered Ben a jelly bean if he would let me take a couple of pictures of him. One step forward for my photography, two steps backward for my parenting. Whatever. I got a couple of shots in.


After a minute or so he requested his jelly bean, quit modeling, and went back to his cars. So I went back to Buzz.

 

Eventually I once again began to beg my Tasmanian devil to let me take pictures of him. I was getting really good at Buzz. But Buzz is stationary, and I need practice with a moving target. Ben agreed to being photographed as long as for every picture I took of him, I'd take one of Buzz. Deal.


Obviously this didn't last extra long. But I got some time in with my camera, and a lot of good headshots for Buzz's resume.

1 comment:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

Aim lower on Ben ... He is growing UP and we need to see the top of his head too. But I gotta tell ya ... He is a beautiful boy, and I hope he doesn't get tired of Auntie Sue telling him so. Anyway, once Baby Sister arrives, Ben's photo ops will slack off. WARNING: Please don't do what I (and many other Moms do) ... Once #2 kid arrives, almost all the pics are of both kids.
The time is getting closer for Emma's arrival and MY ARRIVAL TOO! We will be at Garrison's the first week of Aug and I plan a visit to see you during that week. Of course, I'll call ahead of time so we can all be ready.
XOXOXOX....Auntie Sue