Monday, July 4, 2011

All Quiet on the Western Front

We had a very mellow 4th of July. So mellow that it's 8:30pm and I'm already summing up our day. Yep. We're already done. Because that's how we roll these days. Nevertheless, at the moment, I'm feeling a little bit content.

The morning started off a little rough. The contractions are slowing--they're few and far between, rather than every two minutes. They're also not quite as painful and intense. But my body is starting to show some wear and tear. I'm pretty exhausted and tired from 2 1/2 days of constant pain and effort, with little sleep. For now I think the labor is subsiding, but I haven't got much in me to actually do the "activity as tolerated" part of my modified bedrest.

However, after days of sitting around at home and only leaving the house to run the occasional errand, I was ready for something fun (if mellow). We'd been invited to a nearby friend's for a 4th of July shindig, which we decided at the last minute to go ahead and do. Ben had a lot of friends there, which gave him a chance to play and run and enjoy himself. And Matt and I were eager to enjoy adult company. We didn't stay long, but it was nice to be outside, chat with friends, and watch Ben have fun with his pals.

Tomorrow Matt goes back to work. While I'm feeling a bit better, I'm not sure how this whole thing is going to go on my own. But we'll make it work.

Happy 4th!!!

2 comments:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

One ... more ... day ... of ... Emma's ... development. YAY !!!!

Israel Food Outreach said...

It's a good way to 'roll' under the circumstances, Sweetie . . love you