Another Friday, another morning with the midwife, another "I can't believe you're still here."
The bad news: I'm now dilated to 4. For those keeping score, that's 1cm a week. For the record, when my midwife told me, I completely broke down sobbing. Because I'm a grown-up.
The good news: Enough is enough. If Emma doesn't pick up the pace, I'll be induced on August 2.
The okay news: That's still a week and a half away.
The plan: My midwife's recommendations are to ignore the contractions until I can't ignore them anymore, keep my bag packed and in the car, and live my life. As long as I stay in Southern California, I will be a reasonable distance from a Kaiser hospital and can/should do whatever my little heart desires and my body permits. I am going to desperately try to do this. In my head, I'm adjusting my due date for the third time. I'm going to try to live and think like she will not come sooner, and that she will be born on August 2. Because to maintain hope otherwise would land me in a different kind of hospital in no time.
So in the meantime, I'm living my life. Cleaning my house, doing laundry, running errands, and, most importantly, spending time with my family of three. So far this week, I have gone to the fair, the beach, and the outdoor mall with the fountain. We painted and finished swimming lessons (side note: on the last day of class B jumped off the diving board!). And this weekend B is spending the night with his grandparents while Matt and I get some rest and take a break.
The finish line is in sight.
2 comments:
Emma, you are missing all the fun (OC Fair, beach, mall with a fountain). Come on, Baby Girl, and join your family on THIS side of life! Besides, I'm coming to see you and hold you and kiss you, and I can't do that where you are right now.
See you soon, Auntie Sue
Yeay Ben!!! Congratulations for daring and doing the diving board!! That's a toughy, but only the 1st time . . it's just fun after that. Shannon Baby, you go, Girl. What you're doing is what will bring her on! Love all of you, and all in our prayers . . mmwaaah!! an hug to go with it.
Post a Comment