It is 8:35am, and already my day has involved multiple time-outs, tiny bits of toilet paper scattered throughout the house, flying books, a huge circle of spiteful pee on the couch, ear-splitting screams, and substantial quantities of tears.
After Ben tried to put me on time-out for taking his books and dinosaurs off the couch so I could actually sit down (and not in a puddle of pee), my own tears started to fall. Too much. It had been too much. Ben stopped his tantrum abruptly.
"Mommy, are you sad?"
"Yes, baby, I'm sad."
"Why are you sad?"
"Because you're being so naughty. You keep throwing things and screaming and disobeying. It makes me sad when you do those things."
(B rummages through his toy box and emerges with a motorcycle.) "I got this for you. It will make you happy."
Some days are like this...even in Australia.
Even so, it's a good thing my mom's coming to take him today so I can take a break with my friend. Me and the B need some time.
2 comments:
Did B actually really-and-truly recognize that he had been naughty and was the cause for Mommy's sadness? If yes, it's unfortunately a good thing that you cried. But I'm glad for "Nana to the rescue" so Mommy can spend some much-needed theraputic time with her friend! How about a dose of Starbucks frapaccino in one of the cushy leather sofas? Sounds good to me!
Love you...Auntie Sue
Who knows? But he's very sensitive and caring (at least when he's not ripping up toilet paper and throwing it), and he gets very tender and loving when he senses that someone is sad. I try not to be sad in front of him, but darn these pregnant hormones! Sometimes I have no control whatsoever. I'm ready for Starbucks...sadly so far my mom and friend are 45 minutes late...hopefully soon...:)
Post a Comment