Sunday, June 26, 2011

Prayers for Pee

Sorry about the proliferation of urine-related talk on here lately. Between my kidneys and Ben's potty training, it's pretty much the focal point of my life right now. Oh the joys of being pregnant and having a pre-schooler. Or of parenting in general. You pick.

Last night I found myself sitting in church praying desperately for pee, on multiple accounts. On Monday we started potty training. It has been going really well, but since the underwear phase began we've had a couple of accidents. To be expected, and there have been few. On Friday I went for a check-up with my doctor and was requested to do a 24 hour reunion tour with Hall and Oates. Needless to say, I had some pee needs. The numbers in my jug 'o pee need to, at the very least, stay the same. My blood pressure is down, and all other tests are coming up negative. Which apparently means if protein continues to be showing up in my urine, I probably had an infection at some point that cleared up on its own but put my kidneys on the DL. So the protein count needs to not go up. It can go down or stay the same, but it can't go up.

So Saturday night found me sitting in my chair, praying fervently that a) my kid would not pee his pants at church; and b) that my pee would test well.

When we picked Ben up, he was wearing the same dry clothes, and he was ecstatic. So was I.

Who says God does not answer the ridiculous prayers?

No comments: