I intended to write more during Matt's exile, but to be honest, things haven't been that interesting around here. At one point I had this idea where I'd take pictures every day and write about all the fun we're having so that Matt can feel connected to us from afar. But really, I have very few pictures and very few fun stories. It's not that we have been miserable (although that's certainly the case every now and then)--it's just that we have just been living our lives. Also, I'm too busy cleaning, cooking, grading, and parenting to do much else. Cause it's just me over here.
Over the weekend we spent some time hanging around the house and running errands. Saturday morning we joined some friends at the park, and Saturday evening we went to church. Sunday the weather was out of control, so we mostly laid around in our jammies. Ben read and did puzzles while I knit. It was a little like a Rockwell painting. Eventually we went to brunch with my mom and step-dad, who then took B for a couple of hours while I ran some errands and did some grading. Sunday night we made cookies, ate pizza, and watched a movie. It was a nice little weekend (despite the fact that we had a major player missing). Monday we went out with my two girlfriends and Ben's cougar girlfriend (Selah's four). They ran each other into the ground, and Ben slept until 7:45 this morning. Heaven.
B is busy wearing me out and cracking me up. Right now he's walking around in my shoes with his Buzz Lightyear flashlight in his pocket, whipping my necklace around like his cowboy lasso. This is only one in a long line of ridiculous outfits he's donned in the last several days (most of which involve his rain boots).
We did have one moment that stands out. Last night we were cuddling and singing at bedtime, and Baby Emma packed quite a wallop. Ben felt it and jumped, saying "what's that?" I told him it was Baby Emma. He said, "let me check it again," and lifted up my shirt. He put one hand on my belly and one hand on his leg, because he was convinced that his leg was what did it. Emma kicked again, and he got really excited. So cute. Definitely goes in the books as one of the sweetest moments of my life.
We still have a long way to go before Matt comes home. Sometimes I'm sad, sometimes I'm overwhelmed, sometimes I'm thankful for time with my little guy, always I'm tired. Very very tired.
I can't wait until my other half comes home.
1 comment:
Where does Ben get his fashion sense? Or maybe he is rehearsing all the wardrobe changes for Drama class. Whatever....I love this child!
Post a Comment