Things about today that are lame:
-Ben woke up at 6:30, after having gone to bed at 8:30.
-Our morning playdate canceled on us.
-Our brunch date canceled on us.
-It's raining, so we're stuck inside.
-The mall doesn't open until 11:00 on Sundays.
-The DVD player isn't working, so no movies with Ben and no evening The Good Wife DVDs for me, which I specifically got from Netflix to give me something new and interesting to watch during The Exile.
-The garbage disposal is broken, so the kitchen smells.
-Our car door leaks, and it's been raining a lot, so the car is soaked and smells like wet dog.
-No one has responded to Matt's and my pleas for help.
Things about today that are cool:
-I let Ben watch three episodes of TV this morning, and I don't care.
-He colored in the kitchen for a bit while I wasted time on the internet.
-His continued love for playing dress-up and pretend.
-When he grabbed my knitting, said "I'm knitting for you!" tried to do it, and sang a song about knitting.
-When he wrapped himself around the 3/4 done blanket and said, "mmmmm...it's so cozy!"
-He just did puzzles on the floor for a half an hour while I knit.
-Now he's playing with his dinosaurs while I write.
-There is a big yarn sale at Michaels, and I have a coupon.
-Michaels will open soon, then the mall will, and we will have something to do that does not involve taking out every toy in the house or tracing my head into a coloring book (and my husband isn't home to stop me from emptying our savings account for the retail therapy).
-My husband. He is stuck a couple of thousand miles away and has listened to me sob on the phone and email him "woe is me" tales, and he is doing everything he can from a different time zone to improve my quality of life, including calling the neighbors to ask them to help me take out the trash and fix the various things that are broken (they have ignored him, but that's okay because it's my sweet love's hear that counts), asking on Facebook if anyone can help me today, and shoe shopping for me at the Zappos warehouse, sending me picture texts from the store to let me pick.
2 comments:
Bummer! Bummer! Bummer!! etc,! " When you were small, I could fix almost anything for you . . " But now I'm old, and can hardly hold a fork in own my hand to eat with. I HATE this . . but, oh well. What I hate most is being so far away, I can't even shop with you and play with Ben!! But again, oh well. When is your Knight coming home? love you th . . . . . . . is much and so much more!
your nana says she can hardly hold a fork to eat with....
i cannot even hold a fork in my right hand, and i about miss my mouth when i use my left hand. yay for carpal tunnel surgery. i'll be glad when it's healed.
i want to help you so badly. (is that correct grammar?) so bad? so badly? i'm still on pain drugs so forgive me.
love you, auntie sue
Post a Comment