--Do you know what's sad? When you think 6:00 is sleeping in.
--In a sad twist of irony, I felt baby girl move for the first time at a BTSA meeting a couple of weeks ago. Now I feel her fairly frequently. I love it. :)
--I'm gaining weight. Slowly but surely, I'm inching in the right direction. I had a phase a few weeks back where all I wanted was hot dogs--specifically Hebrew National ones. That was the first week I gained my recommended pound a week. Matt mocked me incessantly and insisted that our daughter would weigh ten pounds and have high cholesterol. I gave up the hot dogs. I lost my pound. I laughed in Matt's face and bought a pack of hot dogs. Okay, no I didn't. But I wanted to.
--I'm on a knitting streak. Last weekend (I think) my step-sister came down to my mom's for a visit and brought her knitting. I kind of got burnt out for a bit because I've been working on this blanket for Ben which I shall call Mt. Everest. It's my own fault--I found this incredible yarn, with which I had to make something incredible. So I took a pattern I liked and changed the stitch to one that's a pain in the butt but really pretty and made it bigger. It's soft and gorgeous and life-changing in its awesomeness--but it's taking forever. Anyhow, when she pulled out hers I got all inspired again and pulled Everest back out. I knocked out a huge chunk and decided to preemptively take a break to knit something else for a while so I don't hit the wall again. But this prompted a serious crisis about colors, pattern, stitch, and type of yarn for Baby Girl's blanket. I will spare you the knitting nerd details, but I landed on a yarn that's the perfect color but a less-than-perfect material and a self-invented pattern. I'm some kind of masochistic knitter, apparently. I'm now on the hunt for the perfect yarn for the perfect blanket, which I'm guessing will end up making a great graduation gift for her, just like Everest will probably make a great graduation gift for Ben. College graduates like baby blankets, right?
--The end of the trimester at school is this Friday, which means five days of "What can I do for extra credit?" and "Here's my pile of missing work; can you grade it right now so I don't get grounded?" I love my job, but just like any job, there are good parts and not-as-good parts. I'll let you figure out which part this is. Maybe I'll just bring my knitting and sit at my desk until it's over and I can go back to showing pretty Renaissance art and pretending to be Don Quixote, generally acting like an idiot in front of a captive audience.
--Matt is now scheduled to (probably) leave this Thursday morning, which means that my first weekend alone with Ben during his trip will probably be rainy. I'm thinking we'll do our potty training boot camp, which requires staying home for a couple of days, and which we've never fully committed to because we don't like to sit around at home for two days. Prayers are welcome.
--The change in Matt's trip has thrown a serious wrench in the whole daycare transition for Ben. I honestly have no idea what the plan is at this point. Prayers are welcome.
--On the possible plus side of Matt's trip: I'm actually looking forward to some quiet alone time. Although within two days I will be hopelessly lonely. But maybe I'll make some headway on those graduation blankets.
--Ben is getting freckles, and they are absolutely adorable, and Ben is convinced they are boo-boos and hates them.
--Daylight savings finally came. It did not solve our sleep problems. Oh well. We went to Disneyland anyway, and it was fun. Except for two things: The Incredibles scaring the pee out of Ben and the Tram Nazi who takes his job way too seriously. Actually, I take that back; the latter was kind of funny--in the I wouldn't dare laugh while he's standing there but will definitely mock him for the rest of time kind of way. He insisted that everyone--including the two tiny humans in our car---be seated still, backs against the seats, feet on the floor. He wouldn't let me cross my legs or let Ben lean against Matt or let the little girl next to me lean forward to get her chapstick from her dad. True story. Poor guy.
| The start of The Incredibles show. |
| A couple of minutes in to the Incredibles show. Moments later he started to actually cry, and we left. :( |
2 comments:
I love you, and I'm praying for you!
xoxox...Auntie Sue
I love you, beautiful GrandDaughter + GreatGranddaughter !! Prayers you got, Kiddo . . terrific piece, and so much fun, as least for moi !!
Post a Comment