I haven't posted this week because Thumper says if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.
It's been a challenging week, as I suspected it might. Work was insane. A new trimester, a six-hour textbook meeting, a BTSA meeting, Open House, report cards, getting ready for conferences. In.Sane. And so was Ben. He's doing great at his new/old daycare. So great, in fact, that when I went to pick him up the other day he said, "no, I don't like you." Nice. So excited to have reached that important milestone: the first "I don't like you." I hit a real low point Wednesday night when I'd had enough of the two-year-old-ness. I think the specific point at which I lost it was, after a long afternoon and evening of "no, I don't want _________, I want _____" he refused to wear the pajamas I'd pulled out because "I don't like stripes." Then the only book he wanted to read was his ridiculously long Toy Story novel, and all I wanted to read was the buttons on the TV remote. I actually started crying. About a stupid book. Of course, it wasn't about the book. It was about toddlerhood, being exhausted, missing my husband, and pregnancy hormones. I all but threw Ben into his bed and fled from his room in tears.
It's been a long and challenging week.
But because I don't want to be Debbie Downer, I will confess to a couple of highlights. Yesterday my sweet students threw me a baby shower (yes, I've already gotten one from my 5th period, but I teach 6 periods, and the other five would not be outdone). So sweet. I almost cried. I think I didn't because I was too tired, and I knew that several of them would turn on me when I gave them their report cards later that day. But it was amazing and sweet and I was so touched.
Matt has a return ticket. He will land on OC soil at 10:00 next Friday night. Who the heck knows how I will manage to pick him up, but at least he'll be in the same state.
On top of it, Ben has been a ham bent on cracking me up. When I figure out how to do it (or at least find the energy to try) I will upload a video his babysitter took of him being a pirate. When he's not making me pull my hair out from being so needy and high-maintenance, he's being the funniest little bugger God ever made.
Six more days...
1 comment:
i wish i could think of something appropriate to say/type. all i can think of is....my hand/fingers are throbbing, my throat feels like razorblades, i'm tired of trying to be left-handed. you and i could have one heck of a pitty-party...no boys allowed. i love you shannon.
Post a Comment