Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Same and Different

Things that are the same:

::Off the Zofran. Back to puking. Can't wait to call later today.

::Ben's freakish new sleep life. Yesterday he woke up at 5:15. I ignored his pleas, and he fell back asleep until I woke him from the dead at 7:15. But then he wouldn't nap at daycare. At all. He cried for an hour and a half until I picked him up instead. This morning he woke up at 6:15. Better than 5:15, but still not good. Sigh. Martial Law is in place until 7:00am. No TV, lights, toys, or food until the timer goes off. This is Ben, on his stool, trying to get to the timer:

(imagine him saying, whilst reaching, "Mommy come on, now. You need to come on, now.")

::The Mt. Everest of grading that occupies my classroom and my life.

::The best husband in the world. On Sunday, our last full day together as a family before his trip, the sleep deprivation knocked me out. After I wrote my whiny post, I stood up, almost fainted, started to cry, and Matthew urged me to go to bed. I took two two-hour naps that day while my holy saint of a spouse parented in my stead.

Things that are different:

::My glasses. I have had the same pair for years, and since they're my spare pair that only gets worn at night before bed and first thing in the morning, I haven't felt like taking the time or effort or money to get new ones. Well, they broke. So we taped them together. For several months.


I finally got sick of them falling off my face, so I bit the bullet and got new ones. It is miraculous. 

::My computer. I don't use my laptop very often, so when I took it to work to do a Renaissance art powerpoint I was dismayed to discover that it was no longer alive. Matt needs to take one on his trip and I need it for work, so we sadly took some of our tax money and bought a new one. I say sadly because we had other things planned for the money. But hey, now I have new glasses and a new computer. I'll take it.

::This afternoon we find out what kind of bell pepper we're having! So excited.

2 comments:

Israel Food Outreach said...

Oh my ! So are we !!

"Grammy" Sue B said...

Peach? Hotdog? Bell pepper? God already knows what you'll be "feasting on" for the rest of your life, and aren't we all so grateful for that?!?!? I'm just not sure about a lavender peach.
Another thought: Oh how I wish I lived closer so we could spend time together! I miss you, however I am SO grateful for computers (including your new one!) so we can stay connected.
Love you ... Auntie Sue