Friday, March 18, 2011

March of Graditude

Things I am thankful for and blessed with:

1. My students. Sure, they can make my life, um, challenging. But in the last few days, one of my classes, the one that has been my biggest, um, challenge, threw me a baby shower. My homeroom is collaborating to throw me one as well. Three girls came in yesterday afternoon to help me grade, file, and clean. And those 200 awkward little nerds make me laugh every day and remind me why I do what I do.
2. My son. He is so funny and cute and wonderful that sometimes I think I might explode.
3. My husband. He's working his butt off for a company that's putting him through the wringer so that he can provide for his family. And he is hot.
4. Ben's old/new daycare. See previous post.
5. Kind and generous friends. One of my mom's friends, whom I've never met but "known" all my life, is giving me the gift of amazing yarn for Little Miss's blanket. I am humbled and grateful. It seems small, but it means more than I could express.

God for freely blessing me with everything when I really deserve nothing.

1 comment:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

I am grateful for....TWO POSTS IN ONE MORNING!!! You know, sweet niece, that I check up on you every morning, and this morning was BONUS!!!
I love you.
I love Ben and Matt.
I love Li'l Miss.
I love that you love your school kids.
It's a love-fest this morning, isn't it! I'll have another cup of coffee with YOU in mind!
xoxoxox....Auntie Sue