::I broke out the box of maternity clothes. I'm losing weight, but my stomach's expanding and I'm constantly nauseous, so clothes are crazy uncomfortable. If it was socially acceptable to wear my sweats all day every day, I would. Although that was kinda true before the whole pregnant thing. Anyway, my regular pants fit, but they're uncomfortable, so I pulled the box out of the garage. I washed them twice. I'm still not convinced they're clean. I'm weird about that.
::Last week I was driving down a main street on my way to work. There was a street sweeper pulled over (this is during morning rush hour, when I'm pretty sure the street sweepers don't sweep). The driver was on the sidewalk next to his vehicle, doing push-ups.
::I have been sick this time around. Not as bad as with Ben, but still unwell.With Ben I lost 10 pounds the first trimester, this time I lost 2. I started to feel better a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately that's when the dry winds picked up and my allergies took over my body. The post-nasal drip triggers my newly ultra-sensitive gag reflex. So I've been puking my guts out for two weeks. I've lost another two pounds. I feel horrible. I'm useless as a wife, mother, and teacher because I don't have the energy to do anything, and often when I move I barf.
::This morning Ben and I were playing on my bed while Matt played his guitar. Ben grabbed our wedding album and "read" it. His responses: "Mommy's a princess!" "Where's Benjamin?" "That's a good story. Reading is fun."
::Potty training has been temporarily abandoned since I spend most of my time at home throwing up and laying on the couch like a useless sack of potatoes.
::Benjamin is rad. He loves to play pretend, and he loves to have Matt and I play the roles of some of his stuffed animals, cars, etc. Matt is usually Piglet or Sorcerer Mickey. I am everything else. He is a puzzle prodigy. He loves to sing and dance and run and play sports and tell jokes. He is also extremely loving and compassionate. And wildly selfish. Ah, two.
::I'm 14 weeks along, and twosie is the size of a softball. A softball that is apparently being juggled by my internal organs. Confession: I'm crazy excited about our new little one, but I still hate being pregnant. I'm not one of those women who are just all happy and joyful and loving every second. I'm miserable. I'm grateful, but I'm miserable. And I think that for right now, that's fair. Because pregnancy is mean.
::After what has been possibly a two-year battle, I have a current driver's license. It's a really long story that involves a fix-it ticket, the CSET, government furlough days, moving, and Thanksgiving break at the DMV. But we have two registered cars and I have a valid driver's license. It's a victory that feels more satisfying than my bachelor's degree.
::Some days I don't barf all day. So I go ahead and eat whatever suits me. Sometimes that's peanut butter toast for every meal, sometimes it's yogurt. The other day it was cheese puffs. That was a good day.
::Half of our Christmas decorations are in the garage, half of them are still decorating our house. I gave my mom back her ladder because I didn't know Matt had put the Christmas boxes up on the upper storage shelf in garage. So we still have some Christmas hanging out. Also, my mom gave Ben a Santa puzzle after Christmas. It's currently his favorite puzzle, so Santa lives on.
That's all for now. I have to stop neglecting my child.
2 comments:
After reading today's blog, the best thing I can think of saying is....
I LOVE YOU.
It doesn't last forever. (the puking)
It's worth it. (the baby)
Question: (re: "reading" the wedding album) Were those MATT's or BEN's responses?
Either way....HAHAHAHA!!!
Once again...I LOVE YOU!
(((hugs)))...Auntie Sue
Oooohhh the first trimester is brutal. It is temporary and some women forget about it...I did. It's not fun having your face in the toilet and a toddler scared at the noises you're making as you heave the contents of your stomach. I pray that your morning/all day sickness ends soon. BTW, cheese puffs rule...
Post a Comment