And I will love you forever, no matter what. When you were tiny and I had to change your diaper every hour, I loved you. When you were a newborn and cried every night, I loved you. And now, as you run around the house pulling everything down and tearing it apart, I love you. When you're in elementary school and you would rather play with bugs than snuggle with me, I will still love you. When you're in middle school and you get all selfish and mean and don't do your homework, I will still love you. When you get to high school and college and start finding other women to love, I will still love you. When you grow up and move far away and forget to call, I will still love you. I will love you no matter what you do or who you are. Please remember that. Please remember that I will love you forever.
Right now you're napping in the next room, and I can't wait for you to wake up. I can't wait to see your sweet face and those six teeth as you smile from ear to ear. I can't wait to hug you and play with you and show you that I love you.
Thank you for being my son. Thank you for teaching me joy. Thank you for your cuddles and slobbery kisses. Thank you for all the future mother's day crafts and mud pies.
I love you, Sweet boy.
Mommy
1 comment:
Shannon....Other mommies should take lessons from you!
I love you BIG....Auntie Sue
Post a Comment