Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Fun-ing

Saturday we went for a picnic in the park. Yay!








On Sunday we ventured out to Newport Beach. This trip went much more smoothly than Friday. Apparently the umbrella was not so much broken as I was just an idiot who didn't know how to operate it.



And somebody learned how to stand all by himself!

running to the water

grrrrrr......






After about an hour or so the umbrella blew over (several times). The last time it happened Matt was in the water so I gave up and packed the dang thing up. Ben took that as his cue to turn into Godzilla and terrorize our little area. He unloaded the trash, the lunch bag, and the backpack. He grabbed handfuls of sand and threw them everywhere. Every time I went to run and grab something he threw or emptied he turned around and threw and emptied something else. By the time Matt got to us it looked like a bear had gone through our campsite. Thus, our cue to go home.

The rest of the day was a bit dramatic as well. Overtired Ben decided a nap wasn't going to be his thing, so he spent about 45 minutes screaming. Eventually I settled in to the rocking chair with my sleepy boy and rocked him until he passed out cold. Sweet sweet boy. It's been a while since we've done that. As much as I loathe the screaming, it was nice to have a good snuggle. It won't be long before my baby will be a little boy who is much more interested in riding bikes than cuddling. So I'll take it. :)

No comments: