Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Summer

At 1:20pm on Wednesday, thirty brand new eighth graders ran out of my classroom in exaltation. Shortly thereafter I triumphantly handed my keys to the office manager and practically skipped to my car.

Then the next day I went back.

Shame on those of you who voted to have staff development after school got out.

But it wasn't too bad. We had a few meetings from 9:00 until about 11:30, then for the rest of the day we were to clean out our rooms. As I'd spent the last few weeks picking away at my room and planning the first couple months of next year, I had absolutely nothing to do. Our end-of-the year staff party was at 2:30, so I had three hours to kill. So I went home, relieved my mom of her duties, and took Ben to the pool. When we got back my friends the Hardwicks called to see if we wanted to get together. They have a super cute son, Matthew, who is a month older than Ben. They live in Washington, so I hadn't actually gotten meet their McNugget yet. So they came over and the boys played while we caught up.


After they left I put Ben down for a much-belated (though totally worth it) nap and waited for Matt to come home. Then I went to my staff party, which was a riot. My coworkers are funny when they drink.

Yesterday was my first official day of summer. It was delicious. Ben and I slept in, had breakfast burritos, and played in our jammies. During Ben's nap I studied and got some things done. Then in the afternoon we went to the park and the pool.

During his second nap I finished cleaning, watched ER, and relaxed. When he woke up we met Matt down at the Irvine Spectrum (outdoor mall-ish place) for dinner and funsies.


After Ben was in bed we watched a movie and ate strawberries with whipped cream.

I heart summer.

1 comment:

Shannon V. said...

Yeah I am so glad you have a blog! I love reading about people's lives ;-) He is such a cutie. I hope you love being a stay at home mom for a few months!