So I decide to get all super-mom and make my own baby food. So I bust out the food processor and buy a few bags of frozen veggies. I decide to start with peas. Now, I figured they'd be pretty easy to make. Plus, he loves them.
The first red flag occurred when he screamed bloody murder when I turned the food processor on. This from the kid who, when he had colic, I would put in the baby wrap while I vacuumed to calm him.
My second disappointment came when I got a whopping eight servings from a full bag of peas. I pretty much saved a few cents.
And then I tried to feed Ben the peas. Apparently he's got the same food texture issues I have. Or he wanted me to get all sad that I spent all this time, money, and energy being super-mom only to abuse him by giving him home-made peas. Probably the former. At any rate, he screamed like I was torturing him. I didn't manage to capture this on film. I was too busy trying to calm him. I was, after all, trying to kill him.
So I waited a couple of days and tried to give him the peas again. No go. No screaming this time; but definite failure.
Anyone need a freezer full of pureed peas?
1 comment:
LOL James didn't really care for the peas either..I make all his baby food and puree it and he didn't like it at all! But..he ate it. So, there is that. Ben seems a lot more good-natured though... James has taken to throwing tantrums when he gets food he doesn't care for. :p
Post a Comment