Monday, February 16, 2009

Love Weekend

I have been blessed with TWO three-day weekends in a row, and both have been blissfully happy. Last weekend was perfect. It was a perfect blend of relaxation and activity. This weekend was much the same. Friday night my BFF Shelli watched Ben while Matt and I had a sweet and romantic valentine's date (not a lot of people available for babysitting on Valentine's Day). We went to this beautiful restaurant tucked away in the middle of a bunch of office buildings (go figure), then we went to the movies (which I think we've done once since the arrival of our sweet little bundle of love).

Saturday we just had a leisurely family day. We went out to breakfast, played, took naps, read books, went to Barnes and Noble (a Shannon and Matt favorite), and took a walk. Barnes and Noble trips have been interesting lately. Ben is no longer content to sit in his stroller and look around. Now that he's lunging, standing, and trying to crawl, he wants to play monkey-boy all the time. On Saturday Barnes was particularly crowded, so we sat in the corner on the floor. I set Ben on a blanket with some toys, hoping that would satiate him for at least a few minutes. Nope. He was climbing all over the place, trying to grab the book I was trying to read. Not a lot of reading happened. But it was still fun.


Sunday was much the same as Saturday. I made breakfast, we played, we read, we watched some TV...it was a deliciously relaxing and fun two days. Today Matt was back at work, but I had the day off. So Ben and I went to meet my besties Shelli and Erin for coffee. Then Ben took a nice long nap while I read and cleaned a little. Then I got all domestic. We went to the store, and upon our return I put dinner in the crockpot and whipped up a new batch of peas for Ben. (Oh, I did carrots on Sunday, and they were a huge hit.) When Matt got home we played, ate dinner, and went to the mall for a little dessert. Now we will snuggle up and watch "Important Things with Dimitri Martin" and "24."

Thank you, God, for my life. I am quite content and satisfied. I know that nothing is for sure in this world, and that at any moment things could get infinitely better or worse. And in the event of the latter, I will try my best to remember that I have a good life, and that I am surrounded by good and loving people, and that I have a God who blesses me abundantly.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like your baby food containers. Where did you get them? Do you like them? I have read mixed reviews about the ones I've been eyeballing.