Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Because

As per a few requests, here are a few of Benjamin's latest endeavors.


I don't think I'm going to buy this kid any more toys. All we wants to play with are his socks. I put them on, and seconds later he has ripped them off and they are in his mouth. His little toes are freezing. I've tried having one pair of socks on and giving him another pair to play with/eat. Nope. Apparently they're no fun unless he's yanked them off his feet.


He is desperately trying to crawl. He has mastered lunging onto his stomach from sitting. He now does it all the time. It doesn't even matter whether or not he wants to be on his stomach (he doesn't). I think he just does it because he can. Then, of course, he gets mad because he hates being on his stomach. So I pick him up, sit him down, and he does it again. It's pretty funny. He can also, as you can see, sit on all fours if I put him that way. Then he slowly sinks down to his stomach. Also quite funny.

Our sweet little monkey tries to climb on everything. He loves to stand up, and he loves to try to climb. He's not very good at it--most things are too high for him to really be able to pull himself up. He can pull himself up on some things--but he's still to short to do it on much. He'll stand holding on to anything, though...even the back of the couch or the wall.

He's also getting cuter every day. Some kids get bigger...Ben just grows in cuteness. Well, his little body grows, too. But he's definitely getting cuter. And this picture was taken after he spent a whole hour in the church nursery...just enough time for mama to finally be able to sit through an entire message. I got paged out during closing prayer. Thanks, buddy!

Also, apparently that same night he was flirting with the girls, touching their faces all tenderly and trying to share his toys with them. Yep. Not quite seven months old and he already shares. Of course, he's probably trying to shove his toys in their mouths. But still. And already trying to get with the ladies. He's his daddy's boy.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love the little man outfit! Jeans and collared shirt are definitely his style!

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

I cannot get over how cute that boy is! I can't wait for our bambinos to meet..

tim said...

thats one good looking kid.