So I had grand dreams of domesticity this weekend. I was going to clean out my closet, do laundry, prepare a glorious healthy dinner, go to a picnic with my extended family...it was a weekend that certainly could have made it into some sort of awesome wife and mother magazine. Enter sleep deprivation.
Since introducing solids, Ben has been keeping me on my toes at night. Sometimes he sleeps through, sometimes he
wakes up every three hours. The last two nights have been the latter. So, armed with four or five broken hours of sleep and a lack of quiet alone time, I have instead opted for a much less Parent magazine-friendly day. My wretched best friend came over last week and said, "Do you want to borrow my copy of Twilight? It's really good." No Erin, I do not. All of my friends and students are reading it. But not me. I'm better than that. I'm reading a complex satire by Mark Twain. I have no time for popular young adult fiction. Also, I refuse to conform to society's fad reading habits.Please leave it on the coffee table on your way out.
3 comments:
I am sorry for you. I stupidly started the first book after everyone telling me how great it was. I then of course had to read the next three and was the worst wife and mother ever until I finished! Stupid vampire books...
Going to school full time, I didn't notice that she was a bad wife so much.
I'm on the third book now and it's getting really crazy..but I must say, I do enjoy them. They are a nice diversion from cooking, cleaning, and paying bills. Since James goes to bed around 8pm, I've been DVRing my shows and reading a little at a time. The first book I read rather impulsively, but now I'm really trying to draw it out as long as possible.
Post a Comment