Side note: I swear if it's 90 degrees much longer, I'm moving. While Orange County has its perks, I'm desperately missing the seasons, and this year has been particularly dry and sunny. No joke--I'm losing my mind.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Busy Bees
So besides indulging in teen vampire lit, what have the Millers been up to lately, you might ask? Well, I'll tell you.
Last weekend I had a glorious full four days off. As a working mom, this break from one of my jobs was a little slice of heaven for me. And I kicked it off with a grown-up night out. Matt played with a couple of his friends in a gig up in Long Beach. While my step-dad watched Ben, my best friend and I
went up to see them. It's unfortunate that we forgot our riot gear, because we arrived in Long Beach to find thousands of protesters and closed streets. We did, however, get to see the police in their riot gear. Very exciting for this small-town girl. The guys' show was great, and it was really nice to get out, sans baby, for a while.
Saturday and Sunday we had family time, which was nice. Monday was Matt's birthday. He took the day off work, and we had a lazy day. In the evening a friend watched Ben while we went out with some of our other friends. It was nice to spend time with them and celebrate the birth of my hubby. Tuesday I had Ben's four month doctor appointment. She gave us the green light for rice cereal, since he's doing so well with sitting up, and since he's started waking up at night every couple of hours again (lame).
This weekend has been nice as well. Yesterday, in between Twilight readings for me and a World of Warcraft marathon for Matt, we went to a picnic in Lake Forest with my dad's side of the family. Since it was a balmy 190 degrees and -100% humidity, it was the perfect November day. Matt played in the band at church all weekend, so I had a lot of time with Ben, which was nice. This afternoon Matt gave me a much needed break and watched Ben while I meandered through the mall and graded papers at Barnes and Noble (those are another post entirely). Now our weekend is over. Tomorrow I return to the land of 12-year-olds.
Side note: I swear if it's 90 degrees much longer, I'm moving. While Orange County has its perks, I'm desperately missing the seasons, and this year has been particularly dry and sunny. No joke--I'm losing my mind.
Side note: I swear if it's 90 degrees much longer, I'm moving. While Orange County has its perks, I'm desperately missing the seasons, and this year has been particularly dry and sunny. No joke--I'm losing my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment