Time is just flying by. The other night a woman brought her seven-week-old to the nursery at church for the first time. He was so tiny, and I remember thinking, perhaps for the first of a million times, "I remember when Ben was that small!" And now our little guy is lapping up rice cereal. It goes so fast.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
And So It Begins...
Our little Benjamin had his four month doctor appointment yesterday, and his pediatrician said he was ready for rice cereal! So tonight was the big show. It began with a bang. As I was washing a few dishes and Matt was preparing the cereal, we heard a major explosion coming from the big guy in the bouncy chair. When I went to pick him up, poo was everywhere. All over the chair, running down his legs, covering his clothes--you get the picture. So after mopping up our little guy (and doubling the contents of his laundry bag), I decided we'd just do a diaper and a bib--no use destroying two outfits in thirty minutes. It was a fun experience. He seemed to love it. So much so that in between bites he was hunched over sucking on his bib and licking up what had previously run down his chin and into his lap.
Time is just flying by. The other night a woman brought her seven-week-old to the nursery at church for the first time. He was so tiny, and I remember thinking, perhaps for the first of a million times, "I remember when Ben was that small!" And now our little guy is lapping up rice cereal. It goes so fast.
Time is just flying by. The other night a woman brought her seven-week-old to the nursery at church for the first time. He was so tiny, and I remember thinking, perhaps for the first of a million times, "I remember when Ben was that small!" And now our little guy is lapping up rice cereal. It goes so fast.
4 comments:
HOW did he stay so CLEAN?! (I mean, clearly he wasn't earlier--isn't THAT fun!) Our boys need to stop growing up. If they could only stay little but somehow learn to wipe their own butts....hmph.
OMG Shannon that is so cute!!! He is getting so big. I can't believe that he's eating rice cereal already!!!
James and I watched the video together...he seems fascinated.And he drooled. A lot. ;)
He actually did not stay very clean--rice cereal from his forehead (from smearing his soaked bib all over his face and head) to his toes. We tried to wipe as we went. Plus, the rice cereal is kind of the same color as his skin--so it's hard to see in the pics.
Too big too fast. Can't keep up.
Post a Comment