For just a couple of dollars at Target, I made Ben's Valentine's Day magical. Because he's a dude. A four-year-old dude. And I learned a lot from last year (I just went to link to my Valentine's post from last year, but it's not there, because apparently I only wrote it inside my head. I assure you it was quite good.). Like the fact that a) little boys could care less about giving their friends amazing crafts, and b) I suck at crafts. Sewing, yes. Knitting, yes. Crafts, no. Fake chemical light sabers? Yes. And my little guy wrote his name on every. single. one.
Anyway, someone just placed an order of 24 diapers (woo hoo!). I've spent the last two weeks treating a one-year-old through a double ear infection and pneumonia. And I have a sinus infection. So overachieving is not really my deal right now. I was pretty impressed with my decision to go small this year.
So you can imagine my excitement when Emma's babysitter presented me with a list of names yesterday morning. You know, so my one-year-old can give her friends Valentines. Thankfully I'd purchased a bag of Valentine's play dough to divide between my children, so I re-purposed those as Valentines for Emma's friends. But the look on Matt's face this morning when he saw them on the desk was priceless. "Ummm...Shannon...do you really think Emma needs to give her friends Valentines?" No. No I don't. But I can't be that mom.
Whatever. Now I don't have to deal with a bunch of pink play dough in my own house.
Because it is not in my nature to be a total underachiever, I did a few things to make the day special for my littles. I made Emma a little outfit. I gave them books and monkeys and candy. And I allowed them to go to school and get all doped up on sugar and colored frosting, so they can get diabetes and cancer just like all their friends.
This took a dark turn. Let's back-track.
Cute kids! Candy!
Don't worry, I didn't leave Matthew out of the day. But that's none of your business.
Happy Day!

1 comment:
You did WAY more than me...hubby got a card and I demolished a bag of heart candies. And will finish my box of chocolate...
Post a Comment