Clearly this little writing gig has gone by the wayside. I actually have good reasons, I promise. I've been busy. Doing Adventures. And parenting and working and whatnot. I've had bits of freetime here and there, but I've been filling them with crafty things. Please don't pass out from shock. I know I told you that I don't do crafts, and I probably told you to stop me any time I attempted anything crafty. And now...well, it appears as though the curse has been lifted. I told you earlier in the summer that I
started to sew. THEN I told you that I'd opened up a little
etsy shop to sell my diapers. But I haven't kept you updated on all of my doings.
Let's just keep it real--despite what it might sort of look like in pictures, I'm not that great. So outside of the diapers I will probably never sell my sewing stuff. Actually, that's not entirely true. I've been dabbling in other baby things (towels, washcloths, burp cloths, blankets, etc.) that I will probably throw up on the site. But I'll probably never sell the clothes. Mostly because I'm not clever or creative enough to design my own stuff, so I use patterns and online tutorials. According to the law or something, you can't sell things that other people designed. Whatever. BUT...I will give you this: if you see something you like, I can make it for you. I mean, for your kid. Not for you. I don't make grown-up stuff.
As you will see, I mostly sew for Emma. There are a couple of main reasons for this. a) Girls are more fun to make and buy clothes for; b) There are way more patterns and tutorials for girl stuff than boy stuff, mostly because for hundreds of years girls have cycled through a thousand styles, and boys have pretty much stayed with shirts and pants. There's only so much you scan make for a dude. BUT you will see that I've managed to find a few things to make for my little dude, and on the whole he is quite pleased.
I haven't abandoned knitting! Sewing is my new weekend nap-time hobby, but knitting has remained my meetings and evening TV hobby. It just takes a million times longer to knit something than it does to sew it. I can knock out a fairly complicated (for me--the pattern envelopes mostly say "easy") sewing project in a few hours. It takes weeks (sometimes months) to knit small-ish things. Which is why I will probably never knit an adult sweater or blanket.
Okay, so here's what I've been up to. Maybe when you see all these pictures of my adorable children you will forgive me for not writing to you more often. (These are in no order whatsoever. Also, there are a number of things that I apparently haven't yet taken pictures of, or have no idea where I saved the pictures.)
 |
| She's doing her ballerina dance. Obviously. |
 |
| This one is actually an old skirt that I re-purposed |
 |
| another skirt |
 |
| I couldn't find a purse that I liked, so I made one. :) |
 |
| Pathetic jedi robe. I need to make a better version of this one. |
2 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness! You are reeeally good, Shannon! Your kids (ahem...and I can kinda claim them too) are so cute. Model material. Really!
Does Daddy feel left out of the picture, or do you knit him hats? I must tell you....You knitted a scarf for me (love it!) and a hat for Millard and he wears it WAY MORE than his other two hats that I made! Seriously! Yours "fits better". In fact he has already worn it many cool autumn mornings here on the farm. So.....if you have some soft scraps of "manly" color and have time (hahaha!) to make another one, I will gladly pay you for it.
Time for me to get on with my "hobby"...laundry, cleaning, cooking.
Love you so much!!!! Auntie Sue
You make the cutest clothes! If you ever feel like making something for Kayleigh, she loves her outfits. She is growing into 2T and I love the sundresses and two piece outfits...I will totally "donate" money to your creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment