Thursday, May 26, 2011

Life and Things

It's been over a week. My aunt is getting antsy without a post (she hasn't said anything, but I'm assuming...and since she lives in the south she could be blown away at any moment, so she could probably use a diversion).

We've been busy, I suppose. School is almost out (15 days, but who's counting?). The kids are losing it, and I might be too. The house is a mess because I haven't been feeling well. I tried to make dinner twice this week; one night I burned it, the other I just completely lost my energy, motivation, etc. as soon as I turned the oven on. I took Monday off because I was so sick all weekend. I still dropped B off at daycare and prepared to enjoy a luxurious day to myself. I went to Target to wander around and maybe get a few things. I decided to look at baskets because we got a lot of things for Emma at my work baby shower last week, and we don't have anywhere to put them. I came home with no baskets, a pair of baby pants, and the insane urge to nest. I rearranged a good portion of furniture, kitchen items, and the like. I made a huge mess, and after a couple of hours I ran out of energy and couldn't finish. I did find a place for the bottles, but not for the extra bed. Another day.

The other day I ripped off this tiny remaining piece of surgical glue that was still on Ben's forehead from his Mother's Day Adventure. The stuff was supposed to fall off on its own within 5-10 days, and most of it did, just not that one tiny little piece, and it had been 16 days and it was driving me crazy. I actually didn't even do it--I simply put my hand on his forehead and touched it and Ben screamed. He put me on time out. I asked for how long. He said, "40 years." Man. That's a long time.

But yesterday when we got home he told me I was his best friend, so I guess we're good. Then I did a sneak-attack and ripped off the glue. He looked shocked, mostly by the fact that it didn't hurt at all.

A couple of days ago I made some break-and-break cookies we'd purchased at Henry's on Sunday. I ate one and it tasted funny. Turns out they'd expired over a month ago. Um, that's bad.

I have a chest cold. It's making success as a teacher/wife/mother very elusive. I hope I feel better soon so my husband doesn't leave me for someone who actually does something other than lay on the couch and watch 16 and Pregnant. Speaking of which, did you see this week's episode? I wanted to punch that mom in the mouth.

Because most of you only look at my posts when there are pictures, I will offer a few from Ben's friend Hayden's birthday party this weekend.














1 comment:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

OH-MY-GOODNESS....Have I ever been missing you (and Ben)!!! I look at your blog every (EVERY) day, just to see if you have any "news". I have cut you some slack because
(1) you are pregnant, (2) you are the mother of an almost-3-year-old, (3) you are a school teacher of thousands of weird-aged kids, (4) Matt needs you too, (5) and you are pregnant, which is worth mentioning twice. THANK YOU for loving me so much that you blogged today just for me!
xoxoxox.....Auntie Sue