Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Favorites

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Tomorrow I will tell you all about why my mom is better than yours. But for my Mother's Day, my requests are to:

a) not change one single diaper
b) not prepare one single meal
c) not clean one single thing
d) spend time with my super awesome mom
e) spend time with the two boys that made me a mom
f) spend time a.l.o.n.e.

But that's not really what this post is about. I want to tell you my favorite things about motherhood. :)

1. My child. He is seriously so flipping awesome I can't believe I get to be his mom. Sure, he gets up at 5:30 every morning. I hate that. But he does it because he loves to snuggle with me in my bed, and I can't say I hate that part. I could go on for days about why he's the best, but I don't have that kind of time.

2. Snuggling.

3. Shopping. Now, I'm not a shopper. I'm not one of those women whose list of favorite things includes shoes, shopping, and manicures. It's not really a feminist statement--I simply do not enjoy them. But I love shopping for my kids (yep-- kids plural--crazy). I love buying them clothes, toys, and all of the other crap they need. I look at my registries for Emma every day because I love to look at the things I picked out for her. I want to buy all of them, and it's a struggle for me to wait. Not because I'm a woman and inherently love to spend money. But because I just really want to nest for her. And because I seriously can't wait until she's here, and maybe if I buy those sheets it will bring her closer to me. There is no logic--I just love it. I love all of Ben's clothes, and one of the best parts of my day is picking out his outfit. I prefer shopping for and dressing my children over shopping for and dressing myself.

4. The love. Oh the love. The love I have for my kids, the love they have for me--it fills me in ways that are unbelievable and indescribable. I know I had a good life before I was a mom, and sometimes I miss parts of it. And motherhood is easily the most emotionally, physically, and spiritually challenging thing I have ever done. But I can't imagine my life without my little ones, and I don't want to. Everything is infinitely better.

5. This face:



Happy Mother's Day to me. :)

2 comments:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

Happy Mother's Day to Ben and Emma's mommy who is awesome and so easy to love!
xoxoxo....Auntie Sue

Kelli R&D said...

Happy Mother's Day to you indeed! I too can't wait to meet Emma.