Saturday, December 4, 2010

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Totally wrong about all that luxurious free time on Thursday. I had to run a couple of "quick" errands, which ended up taking almost two hours. When I got home I *theoretically* should have had another 30-60 minutes before Ben woke up from his nap and I needed to pick him up from the babysitter. Alas, alack, he chose that day to be the one where he took an early 45 minute nap. Is this some kind of joke? So I went to pick him up. I stayed for a while to chat with my friend, which we haven't done for a while. So, bonus.

Anyway, I have been very in demand lately, so I've been very busy this week. Between rehearsals and BTSA, I have barely been home. And with Ben waking up before 6:00 every day (including once at 2am as well as 6am), I have barely been functioning as well. Which is bad. I need very badly to slow down. So...hopefully I can get some sleep and rest this weekend. Oh wait, Ben woke up at 5:45. Oh well. The best laid plans...

The play went well yesterday. My favorite part was that every time I was on stage Ben shouted "Mommy! Mommy! That's my Mommy! Hi Mommy!" And his little buddies that were sitting with him were shouting "Shannon! Shannon! That's Shannon! Hi Shannon!" So so cute. My least favorite part was the fact that the Grinch and Snoopy scared him so badly he was sobbing and shaking and begging to go home. When I asked him if he was scared, he said, "No! Snoopy was dancing!" Um, liar.

My other favorite part was the videos that Matt shared with me when we got home. Apparently before the play began Ben put on quite the pre-show for the cougars next to him. I would share the videos with you, but I can't figure out how. So you will either have to use your imagination or check out Matt's facebook. He also danced for them during the singing, and encouraged them to dance as well (they did).

Sleep deprivation aside, Ben is awesome.

No comments: