It is a Miller Family Tradition to deck the halls the day after Thanksgiving. And so we did. We do it right. We dusted off the boxes, set up the tree, and decorated the heck out of our house. Kind of. Okay, only a little. For fair reasons I really didn't have the stamina to go whole hog. So our tree is up and it has decorations on it. There are also random pieces of Christmas in random places around the living room, which is pretty much the only room that shows signs of Christmas. This cracks me up. I'm such a Christmas decorator. It was two days before my infamous village was hauled out of the garage and set up, with no real purpose and no lights. This is in stark contrast to previous years; I've been known to set up neighborhoods and boroughs, complete with carefully chosen and artfully placed people and trees. This year, there are houses and people wherever I could find room. But we had fun doing it. Kind of. Mostly Ben played with the ornaments while Matt rearranged the lights on the tree eight billion times and I cleaned out the hall closet and made Ben some dinner (Matt and I ordered pizza for ourselves later). Most of our decorations are still in their boxes, back in the garage. Maybe I'll get around to fixing things up and doing it right. Maybe not.
On top of our lackluster efforts, our camera seems to have had the same mediocre stance. So the pictures I took are terrible. Eh. Oh well. The job got done, it looks reasonably pretty. In fact, the next morning when Ben woke up (after having "helped" us do it the night before), he walked into the living room, gasped, and said, "it's beautiful." So, I'm thinking we did just fine. :)
1 comment:
The last 2 pictures of Benjamin Claus are the absolute BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you....SEE YOU SOON*!*!*!
Auntie Sue
Post a Comment