Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stealing Toys from Target

So, I mentioned in my last post Ben's obsession with Handy Manny. He insists on taking his new toolbox wherever we go. Well, we went to Target today to get him some big boy cups (no more sippies!). He was pitching a fit because we made him leave the toolbox in the car (I don't want them thinking we're stealing it, thank you very much). So Matt walked around with him for a bit while I got the cups. I found the boys a few minutes later in the Handy Manny toy section (shocker). And that's when Matt saw it: a talking Handy Manny complete with toolbox and tools (which Manny recognizes if you put in his hand) for $1.24. I refused to believe it. No clearance sticker or anything, just looked like it was regularly priced at $1.24. Matt double checked on the price scanner--sure enough, $1.24. We slipped it in the cart for a Christmas present, feeling like we were stealing. I mean, seriously, $1.24? You can't buy gum for $1.24. We bought it; sure enough, $1.24. The checker looked it up and said it was "self-clearance," and that's why it wasn't marked as clearance. I don't even know what that means--did Manny put himself on sale? That seems unlikely, even though he can talk. Unfortunately Ben noticed it somewhere along the line, and we lost the Christmas present idea. But heck--$1.24. Seriously, folks. Now our boy is in Handy Heaven.

1 comment:

NicholsSouth said...

That is AWESOME!!!! Hooray for finding amazing toys at amazing prices!