We only played at the beach with them for about an hour, so I don't have much to share. BUT I had a super proud mama moment. Ben shared! Delaney was hogging his shovels, and he followed her around on the sand saying, "Mommy, my shovels!" Now, while you might not call that sharing I do. Hitherto Ben would have simply snatched the coveted items from the perpetrator's hands and ran off. But not today. Today he just complained. I almost cried I was so excited. Later on when he had the shovels to himself, he walked over to Delaney and handed her one. I almost peed.
After the beach we came back to our place to dust off before going to dinner. Delaney taught Ben how to jump on the couch. Really looking forward to the forthcoming black eyes on that. (Just when the black eye from excitedly running for the books on the coffee table cleared up, Ben got a little overzealous with Buzz Lightyear and biffed it into the couch last night.) They jumped for a few minutes, then they spooned. I am positive I have never seen anything so cute in my life.
After spooning we went to dinner, where Ben promptly knocked over his milk, the top popped off, and the entire contents flowed freely onto my lap. I was covered in milk for the entire meal.
Thank you, Ben, for the milk bath.
But thank you MORE to the Dunlaps for a lovely afternoon. We eagerly await your return. :)
1 comment:
Well, gee. I see what you mean . . a little girl from O.C., and a little girl from the Inland Empire (what's empire about it escapes me) The boy does get around. What a trip to watch this little guy grow! I love it! Thx for inclluding this Nana or yours!
Post a Comment