8:50: I check in for his 9:15 appointment.
10:00: I go in to his 9:15 appointment.
10:05: The doctor comes in
10:10: we go down to radiology for a chest x-ray
10:20: two nurses and I pin Ben down for aforementioned chest x-ray
10:28: Ben throws up all over himself, me, and the x-ray technician.
(note to self: if you think your child has rid himself of his stomach contents, you're wrong. always pack extra clothes for him and for you)
10:30: we're back upstairs, Ben in an infant hospital gown, me in my dirty t-shirt which had previously been concealed beneath my sweatshirt
10:31: Ben is passed out in my arms
10:50: the doctor comes back, looks at his films, and confirms the pneumonia. one shot today of ceftriaxone, start amoxicillin tomorrow
11:00: nurse wakes Ben and administers shot. then she says we have to wait in the waiting room for 15 minutes to make sure there's no reaction. she asks if I brought him a bottle. I say no, he hasn't had a bottle since his first birthday. she asks if I brought him a sippy cup and a drink. I say no. She gives me a dirty look, like I've somehow committed the most heinous act of motherly negligence. I tell her that I didn't think we were going to be there for 2 1/2 hours.
11:02: nurse comes back with a bottle of pedialyte. I tell her I think I left Elmo in the exam room. she asks me what color it was. (what color? you work in peds and you don't know what color Elmo is?). I tell her red.
11:15: nurse releases us and tells me Elmo is in radiology. also I need to stop by the pharmacy downstairs to get his meds.
11:17: pick Elmo up and go to pharmacy. meds will be ready in 15 minutes.
11:19: I drive away, no meds, with my overtired, congested, screaming toddler who is wearing an infant hospital gown in 52 degree weather. I'm not waiting here another 15 minutes. I will come back later.
The rest of the day has been a blur. My mom graciously came by when we got home and watched Benjamin while I rested for about 45 minutes. He slept for 20 minutes early this afternoon, and that's about it. Let's all remember that he usually gets 3-4 hours of nap time a day, so....this 30 minutes a day crap is a killer. Not to mention the constant waking at night and getting up at 5:30 in the morning. My poor little man is absolutely miserable. I'm at the end of my self.
Pneumonia sucks.
1 comment:
Oooohhh my goodness. You poor thing. And poor Ben. :( I can't imagine what you must be going through. Good luck. Lots of prayers.
Post a Comment