Sweet Release
I couldn't possibly cleverly narrate my entire glorious nine-day Thanksgiving Break; nor would I want to...nor would you want me to, for that matter. And yes, it was glorious, despite not one but TWO sick boys to take care of (while fighting allergies myself). It was still glorious, because I got to do it without losing sick days. I also didn't really answer the phone or return calls for most of the break. And that wasn't really planned or intentional. It's just that when the phone rang, I was in the middle of either doing something or doing nothing, and either way I wasn't interested in stopping. Then I simply forgot to call people back. While I'm sorry I was a little out of touch, please know it wasn't personal...I just needed it.Monday and Tuesday I rested, I played, I read...delicious.
Wednesday Matt was off, so we went to Disneyland in the morning and resumed the resting and playing in the afternoon.



Thursday...well, you know about Thursday.

On Friday we did a modified "Black Friday." We went to Target and Ikea in the morning, put up our tree and decorated for Christmas, then went to the mall for dinner and window shopping in the evening.



Saturday and Sunday we--yes, you guess it--rested and played. We also intermittently had an outing or two in order to avoid cabin fever.
Sigh. Monday it was back to the real world. For Ben and I, anyway. Matt slept his fever off (thanks, Ben! can't wait for my turn!).
No comments:
Post a Comment