And now for a glimpse into the brown windows of our freeway apartment.
This is a transcript of a conversation that just took place between Matthew and myself.
Shannon: Well, I'm going to go read an adolescent book about vampires.
Matt: Again?
S: This one's different. This woman came to my school last year on her book tour. She's a local who wrote this book to put herself through law school. I got it to support her.
M: You should do that.
S: Write a book to put myself through law school?
M (laughing): Write a book.
S: Yeah. I could write a book to put myself through...life. Everyone says I should write a book because I'm funny, but I don't have anything to write about. You can't write a book about nothing. We can't all be Seinfeld.
M: You can write about dealing with a sexy husband and a cute one-year-old.
S: Dealing with a sexy husband? "Oh, I'm so stressed out from dealing with my sexy husband."
M: See? It sounds good. I'm interested.
2 comments:
Dealing with a sexy husband is so much better than reading an adolescent book about vampires!
And YES, you should write a book. I would support you by buying one, whether it's to put yourself through law school or life. It doesn't matter...I love you anyway!
Best Conversation September 2009 Award.
Post a Comment