Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dear Target,

I would like to apologize for last night's episode at your store. Things were going just fine, as I'm sure you know, until we got in line. Then my son, Ben, whom I'm sure you remember because you always tell me how cute he is, decided he no longer wanted to be in the cart but walking around. So, since there were only two people in front of us in line and they each had only a couple of items, I thought it would be okay if I let him walk around for a minute while my husband purchased the soap. At first I know you thought it was cute when he ran around through the women's clothing section, drifting through the dresses and rubbing many of them on his face. I thought it was cute at first, too. But what I think we can agree was not as cute was when I picked him up to leave and he started kicking me and screaming and trying to claw his way down so he could rub his face in the clothes and hug strangers' legs some more. But you have to know that when that one person in front of my husband made you all go double check the price of the eye cleaner and you spent 20 minutes with them and made us wait, you kind of had it coming. That's why I took Ben outside. Although, to be honest, while I'm sure you were better off, I certainly wasn't, since my son was at that point clawing to get out of my arms to he could run freely around the parking lot, which I think would have been bad. So before you get all judgy and think I'm a bad mom, you should know that it was either hold him as he screamed or let him play in traffic. So save your judgmental looks for the mom whose kid is holding a coffee cup or something. Or not...I may or may not have let Ben play with mine before...

Sincerely,
Shannon

No comments: