Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mommy and Baby Date


Since Matt and I started dating, we've observed a weekly ritual of sorts. Every Tuesday is Shannon Night and every Wednesday is Matthew Night. For a long time we did it without even really intending to. But once we got married and had a mini person, we've had to be more intentional. Giving each other time alone has been one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves and our marriage. As an introvert, I desperately need that "me" time to watch So You Think You Can Dance without intermittent commentary recharge and wind down. So on Tuesday nights Matthew makes dinner, cleans up, and takes Ben out while I enjoy a quiet house for a little bit. On Wednesdays we trade. A bonus: we get alone time with our little McNugget. Now, while I'm staying home this summer, I have ten hours of alone time with the McNugget every day. But our little Wednesday dates are still special.

Tonight I was going to take the boy to Mile Square Park. Since Matt came home late from an eye doctor appointment (from whence he returned with brand new contacts, which he has never used before, and will tell you he's a pro at using, although if we're honest he's being a little dramatic about it), we didn't have time for the big park. So we went to our favorite park, Tewinkle, which is just up the street. We frolicked and played and I soaked up an hour with my little boy. While I would not balk at some extra alone time (not that a one year old is not a riveting conversational companion), I'll be returning to work in a few weeks (boo), and I'll take everything I can get.











1 comment:

Shannon V. said...

Did you bring along a photographer or are you just that good?