Monday, April 2, 2012

Eight Months

Last week Emma turned eight months. Eight months! (Notice the monthly updates are not happening on time.) This first year or hers just keeps on chugging by.

Stats: 16.5 lbs and 26 inches. 15th percentile for both weight and length.

This has been a BIG month for Miss E. She's grown two whole teeth. She has acquired a million new skills, like clapping and waving and going from laying to sitting and sleeping through the night. Yes, you heard me. She sleeps in her crib all night long like a big girl. Which means mama gets to sleep in her bed all night long like a big girl. And have two glasses of wine at book club like a big girl.

I'm passionately in love with this little girl. She is so sweet and happy. She charms everyone in her path and dishes out smiles to the world, which she easily holds in the palm of her chubby little hand. Yes, chub. She finally gave up the solid food embargo, and she eats with alacrity whatever I give her. So she's finally chunking up a bit. Except for that belly. All of her crunches ensure a nice six-pack.

She can't crawl yet, but she can manage to get across the room. It's actually super amusing. She'll lunge forward onto her hands and knees, do one crawl forward, get down on her belly, roll once or twice, push herself to sitting, then repeat until she has reached her desired destination. I've taken a couple of videos but they refuse to allow themselves to be shared. So you'll have to wait to see it.
















 


Happy Eight Months, Emma Bug! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Israel Food Outreach said...

Oh my gosh, Emme Bug, who doesn't love you?? No one! WE ALL love you!! Just too lovin' cute . . !

Israel Food Outreach said...

Well now, I'm for sure going to try some of her excersizes for that 6 pack . . ; hmmm. Seriously, this upcoming surgery definitely calls for that . . I'm with ya, Miss Emma!!