Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rest for the Weary

It's Spring Break. (Everyone breathe in....and exhale...)

We have partaken in the holy weekend rituals (that's a different post). And we've played. Oh how we've played. Saturday it was a thousand degrees, so we pulled out the pool. Monday morning we stayed in our pj's until noon, built pillow forts, had a backyard tea party, dug in the garden, put dinner in the crock pot, built with legos, had a photo shoot, and played superheroes. My mom took Emma for a couple of hours while Ben and I had a date at a nearby bounce house party place and had McDonald's for lunch. We all took an afternoon nap. After dinner Ben went to Nana's and Paca's to spend the night while Emma and I got coffee and perused Barnes and Noble. Today Emma went to the babysitter while I lounged all day in my pj's watching Downton Abbey and knitting, went to lunch with my husband, then watched some more TV.

And that, my dear readers, is how you do Spring Break. That is how you rest and heal.






























No comments: