I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. ~Henry David Thoreau
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Hometown Tourists: Mason Park
Yesterday we continued our celebration of presidents (I believe I have them to thank for my four day weekend) with a trip to Mason Park in Irvine. I went to this park last summer during August Adventures, but we didn't get to spend very much time there. So my boys and I went back yesterday. I was underwhelmed. Maybe it's the whole park in the winter thing, or maybe it's because everything was damp and muddy after the rain earlier in the week. Or maybe it's because the park isn't that great. Who knows? I mean, it's a nice park. But I feel like I keep branching out to find new, great parks but I keep going back to our old favorite, Tewinkle. At any rate, we still had a good time, despite the mud and whatnot. Ben is happy any time there is dirt, so there you go. He's a more generous critic than I.
The best part: the old guys that come with their beers and play with their toy sailboats.
No comments:
Post a Comment