Saturday, October 29, 2011

1/4 of a Year

This week Emma turned 3 months. 3 months!!! Where has the time gone? Where has sleep gone? Seriously—I need some.

At 11 lbs 15 oz and 24 inches, our little bug is doing great. She’s a feisty little firecracker (she did, after all, try to be born five weeks early on 4th of July weekend). If she is upset, she will let you know. She’s very specific in her wants and needs, and she will protest loudly if you do not comply. For example, she has finally started to take a bottle. But she will only drink from the most expensive one. Obviously. Nothing less than the best for my princess. Speaking of princess, this girl refuses to be or do anything she is told. One last feeding before mom and dad go to bed so she’ll sleep longer? No deal. If you try it, I will wake up every hour all night long. Predictable napping and feeding routine? Try again. Sleeping in the crib? No thank you. Sleeping unswaddled? No dice. Doing anything any book or doctor suggests to make life easier for my parents? I’ve got my own way, thank you very much.

IMG_4403IMG_4232IMG_4298IMG_5074IMG_5010IMG_5121IMG_5223

Emma is unbelievably strong. She can stand, sit quite well with minimal assistance, and do crunches. She can do pushups, but not as well as other things since she hates being on her tummy. If you lay her on her back she can scoot 360 degrees in a matter of minutes with the power of her abs and legs. She’s pretty serious, but when she smiles, look out. It will melt your heart. She loves her brother and follows him around the house with her beautiful blue eyes. And she allows him to hold her, roll her over, and generally handle her like a three-year-old. She’s a super trooper.

As for the unpleasantries, they are slowly abating. Her Hour of Power is all but gone, she only cries her way through car rides 20% of the time (instead of the previous 100%), and last night she only woke up once to nurse. *Cue Hallelujah chorus* Her poor little tummy can’t handle dairy, and the reflux still causes problems occasionally. But health-wise she’s improving overall.

We are crazy nuts in love with our sweet little girl. Smile

IMG_5209

1 comment:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

Dear Emma,
I love you, beautiful baby girl! Please tell your Mommy and Daddy and Benjamin "THANK YOU" for all the incredible pictures so I can watch you grow up! OH, if only I lived closer....I'd see you a LOT.
Hugs and kisses from Auntie Sue