Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hope Grows in the Dump

I know I've been a buzz kill (or maybe even a joy vampire) lately, but I'm finally starting to crawl out of my dark and twisty hole of sadness. I've been spending time with NBC on Thursday nights (Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock), and it has lifted my spirits immeasurably. I needed a good laugh. And I've been directing my focus and energy into knitting the blanket for Ben, so I'm feeling productive while I'm having my laugh. I also took some much needed break time with Ben last weekend. While my friend came over and cleaned our house, I took the little midget to the beach. I loved my sneak peak of spring break and summer, and I needed some happy time with him (not that the temper tantrums, throwing of toys, and hitting haven't been happy...of course they have...I love that the terrible twos started a few months early...I love it.).

Anyway, I hauled him to the beach last Sunday despite the fact he had not stopped whining and being crabby and annoying all morning long. We had breakfast at my favorite beachside eatery, The Stuft Surfer, and we played. Oh how we played.

The rest of the day he was a big whiny almost-two-year-old, but for two blissful hours we had fun.

Michael Scott was right. Hope grows in the dump.



No comments: